The Alpen-Adria-Universit‰t Klagenfurt announces the following job vacancy (in accordance with ß 107 Abs. 1 Universit‰tsgesetz 2002):
University Assistant (m/f)
(fixed-term employment for the period of 4 years, 40 hours/week (Uni-KV: B1)). at the Faculty for Technical Sciences, Department for Computer Science. The monthly minimum salary for this position as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is Ä2.731 (pre-tax, 14 x per year), but may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations. Estimated commencement of duties will be the 1st of March, 2018.
* Independent scientific research with the goal to obtain the conferral of a doctorate
* Collaboration at the department within the research group ìdistributed systemsî in terms of research and teaching
* Independent scientific research within the field of distributed systems
* Participation at the studentsí counselling
* Collaboration at administrative tasks within the department and university committees
* Collaboration at public relations activities within the institute and faculty
The research group ìDistributed Systemsî does its research within the field of scientific high-performance computing, cloud computing and multimedia systems. The goal is to publish in international, high quality professional journals and conference transcripts and to cooperate with various commercial partners. With regard to teaching, additional fields such as computer networks, operation systems, distributed systems and compiler construction are covered by our research group.
* Master or diploma degree of Technical Science in the field of Computer Science, completed at a domestic or foreign university (with good final degrees)
* Excellent knowledge and experience in: high-performance computing, cloud-computing, virtualisation, big data, energy efficiency
* Fluency in English, both in written and oral form
All relevant documents for the application (including copies of all school certificates and performance records) have to be submitted via the online application form www.aau.at/obf of the University of Klagenfurt no later than the 8th of November, mentioning reference number 607/17.
Desirable qualifications are:
* Fluency in German, both in written and oral form
* Excellent programming skills, especially C++ and Java
* Experience in handling OpenStack
* Relevant international and practical work experience
* Social and communicative competences and ability to work in a team
* Experience with university teaching and research activities
The goal of the position is to equip graduates of a master or diploma programme with the necessary technical and scientific training to complete a doctorate or PhD. In Technical Sciences. Applications of scientists already holding such degree can therefore not be taken into further consideration.
The University of Klagenfurt lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions and therefore strongly invites qualified women to apply for this position. In case of equal qualifications, female applicants will receive preferential consideration.
Furthermore, persons with disabilities or chronic illnesses who meet the required qualification criteria are also explicitly invited to apply for the position.
General information for applicants: www.aau.at/jobs/information
Additional information regarding the research group ìDistributed Multimedia Systemsî can be found online (www.aau.at/tewi/inf/itec/) or by phone +43-463-2700-3611 (Univ.-Prof. DI Dr. Radu Prodan).
The University of Klagenfurt cannot refund any travel or accommodation expenses that arises in connection with the admission procedure.